Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Changed Interpretation of Media


From studying media in Critical Thinking and from completing media blogs my interpretations of what I see and hear in the media have changed. Now that I know the thought processes behind the making of advertisements, I am more cautious in interpreting ads on television, printed ads or ads on the internet, and even news broadcasts. From the type of language in political ads to the colors used in ads, media can be very deceptive and trick people into buying products or thinking a certain way.

Before I began studying media, I knew little about the tactical methods advertisers use. Apparently, being a teenager in America, I am especially exposed to media and view thousands of advertisements daily. I often found myself wanting products I knew little about just because of the way they were advertised. Now that I know how to better interpret ads, this doesn't happen as much. Now, when I see an advertisement that appeals to me I further research the product before considering purchasing it and try to avoid being deceived.

So far, I have enjoyed learning about advertising tactics and facts about the media. What I find the most interesting is how some companies like Apple can make their commercials so effective.


No comments:

Post a Comment