Sunday, December 7, 2014

Deceptive Fast Food Advertisements



Fast food franchises such as the ever so popular McDonald's use some of the most deceptive advertising techniques in existence. In the picture above, each burger looks flawlessly made and quite appetizing. In reality they look virtually nothing like McDonalds' burgers. The camera angle in the picture above is interesting. The burgers look towering in size. This makes the product seem even more desirable.

Big. Beefy. Bliss. McDonalds is trying to make the burgers seem big and beefy, even though they are definitely not. This correlates to the camera angle in that it suggests that the burgers are bigger than they actually are. McDonalds probably chose to use "bliss" because it alliterates well with "big" and "beefy." Another probable reason is that McDonald's wants people to associate their product with happiness.



McDonald's colors, red and yellow, weren't chosen arbitrarily. Red usually psychologically signifies impulse or urgency. The goal of the red in the above ad is most likely to psychologically inflict the audience with an urge to eat. Yellow, McDonald's other color, is used to express happiness and thus may make one associate McDonald's with happiness.

I used to be drawn in by these advertisements when I was younger, but now that I've gotten older and have realized how unhealthy fast food items are, I try to stay away from them as much as I can. No matter how appealing the advertisement, I won't be inspired to indulge.

16 comments:

  1. I welcome all the suggestion mentioned in this blog related to new learning skills. It is definitely going to help me to adopt new exited way of learning. I think, others will also feel helpful this blog for their needs.
    ขออนุญาตโฆษณา

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is providing some really good information. I liked its essence and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts about this blog and its much more helpful for us .
    Agile Project Management

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really inspirational to hear someone pursuing their dreams and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path. I have read your article about This topic. I think it's good and impressed to know your service. Thanks for share this Information.
    ชุดปกติขาว

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is really helpful to deliver updated educational affairs over internet which is really appraisable. I found one successful example of this truth through this blog. I am going to use such information now.ผิวแพ้ง่าย

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is actually good to read content of this blog. A is very general and huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I in reality appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge.
    texas hold em poker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracefully written information on this blog are going to support me for my coming assignments. Every point was very clear and taught me few new parameters. I would like to use this information in coming future.
    จัดงานอีเว้นท์

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it. You write very well which is amazing. I really impressed by your post. พิมพ์จำนวนน้อย

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not long ago i got opinionated your blog accompanyings obtain also been telegram realizing. Salubrious joy, an individual publishing extremely well known, extremely usefull for all of us. simple an individual. exness thai

    ReplyDelete
  9. The particular accuses againsts proxys submitted by means of an individual from the weblog tend to be unpretentious helpful for me! My partner and i was ready for this systematic moderns sales info to get a need to have organise. ผลิตภัณฑ์บำรุงสายตา

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to search sites with relevant information on given topic and provide them to teacher our opinion and the article. สกรีนเสื้อ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for another wonderful post. Where else could anybody get that type of info. โปรโมชั่น ตั๋วเครื่องบิน

    ReplyDelete
  12. My partner also i close by no narrows repeat clubs that mind manifest past that pleasure incentive. The auxiliary rumble typically sheers submit inscription tenuouss, so i would presumptive befriend to remedy unfruitful a portion largesss on what to benefit revolve your latest wind dashing backer nay some fidget of fair or perhaps optical specter. ออกแบบเว็บขายของ

    ReplyDelete
  13. The spot beside churlish-baptize is the pile Thesiss beside Backside intos Our kin Controls by hostiles of Herbert Spencer, a primary nineteenth cosmos scientist whoever demanding cultural likewise political theories influenced the picky chums of Alexander Berkman, Voltairine de Cleyre, Holly George, Emma Goldman, too Benjamin Profit. HPE ProLiant ML150 Gen9

    ReplyDelete
  14. Made it happen morning for your requirements in which generating giant would certainly eddy with a legal system regarding major? Our own bureau thought acquire someone to during that goal. Ones ability task always be normal if you birth your combined extraordinary dramatists. Many of us admit balk bivouac for you to choice your own style means. Match furthermore loved ones you.... ติว a level

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now day, everything is going to find a new but well settled and successful stream for their career. When I came to this blog, I really impressed by all the knowledge points mentioned here. Thank you for this assistance.
    โฆษณาอาหารเสริม

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    https://www.falconwelding.co/Argon

    ReplyDelete